Blog Journal 8

    This past week we became familiar with online web design and became more familiar with these platforms, one for example is Weebly. I at first had some technical issues when using Weebly on my personal computer however, eventually, we were able to solve this problem. I think teachers would really enjoy utilizing this in their classroom; similar to me, they may have technical problems which could be an issue especially if you have a lot of students or those who aren't familiar with technology. But I think it was a really great resource and a fun one for teachers to use in their classrooms. Furthermore, the two design principles that I used were CRAP principles as I was designing my website, and I also made sure my website was easy to read but also fun and creative! I included many pictures and subheadings, titles, etc.! Below is a link to my website :)!

https://www.weebly.com/editor/main.php#/ (Professor Idam, I could not "publish" it but I still wanted to include the link). 

As the week continued, we learned about AI tools such as ChatGPT. I had never really heard about AI or ChatGPT until recent years. When I was in my earlier years of school and high school, these tools were not available to people. AI tools are a great way to do research, brainstorm ideas, summarize articles, etc., however, it is not the solution to everything! I think it has been great to utilize when I needed help with my dictionary or spelling, or if I need new ideas or topics to talk about, but it is important to keep in mind that AI can not replace our own thoughts and minds, and we must use them as a tool not to replace. 

That being said, in talking about this class, it was definitely a fun and different activity to do aside from the regular Web 2.0 tools we have used. I am very familiar with Microsoft, PowerPoint, Word Docs, Quizlet, Canvas, etc., and so using a different tool such as ChatGPT was a lot of fun for me. Some of the risks as mentioned are definitely the ethical implications, such as cheating, plagiarism, etc. However, none of those ethical implications are new to schools or school systems (students have cheated and plagiarized long before AI), it is just more accessible now which is the problem. But it should not push or scare schools away, we should consider these implications and work around them to utilize this great tool!

Lastly, I think AI tools can improve productivity, but at what cost? Yes, it allows you to get the answers quickly, work efficiently, multi-task, etc., but it is also making some students lazier, unmotivated, and not looking for answers or doing their own research. For teachers and teaching, I think utilizing AI in the classroom can be a fun and unique experience for students and teachers to learn from, but we must also stick to traditional methods and other web platforms as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal #1

Blog Journal 4

Blog Journal 3