Blog Journal 9

     As we start to close in on the semester, for our blog post of this week we were assigned to talk about our experiences in EME2040; Likes, dislikes etc. Prior to this class I never had any intention of becoming a teacher; I am a public health major and so my interests have always been around nursing or medicine. However, I loved learning about all of the different educational tools, and internet skills; we not only learned and focused on how these things are utilized in the classroom, but also for anyone in any profession or personal use! This class has opened me to the idea of teaching and my interest in possibly connecting a teaching profession to nursing! 

    One of the big things we explored this semester were OERs, otherwise known as open educational resources. These resources are any teaching, learning, or research content that is created/licensed to be free for anyone to use, share, teach etc. One example of an OER resource actually comes from the OER Commons website! This website provides teachers with different examples of activities, lesson plans, and resources based on their grade level, standards etc. In my example it was a lesson plan for kindergarteners to understand liquid; it links the science standard it is following: 

  " Learning Domain: Matter and Its InteractionsStandard: Analyze data obtained from testing different materials to determine which materials have the properties that are best suited for an intended purpose."

and a YouTube video as well.

    Lastly, this week we finished working on our Assignment 4: Powerpoint for Information Dissemination. My thoughts on this assignment were that I loved it! I thought it was a very fun and creative way for us to practice our new skills such as creating a template, creating a layout, a master, master name, adding animations etc. So many new skills! My only critiques were that I found this assignment a little repetitive to past ones we have done, I would like to maybe do a different topic or something for the classroom. But I do overall love these activities we have been doing in class and they have really helped me improve my technology skills. 

Below are some pictures of my powerpoint :). I did "Parts of a Plant, 1st grade science."





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal #1

Blog Journal 4

Blog Journal 3