Journal #1

         Hi everyone! I am so happy and excited to be in this course, EME 2040! A little bit about me :)! My name is Olivia Coogle and I am a senior here at FSU! I am studying public health and hopefully after graduation will continue on into nursing school. Some fun facts about me are I have a twin brother, I have 2 little dogs, and I also love to watch movies and tv shows! I currently work at planet fitness (the gym), and in my free time I love to work out and just hangout with friends or at home. 

    Prior to this course I had no real experience in educational technology or this field of study. Of course I have always used technology, technology is something that I heavily grew up with and relied on inside and outside of school! In thinking about my past experiences using technology, definitely in the classroom I am familiar with and use frequently like my laptop and computers, phones, tablets etc. I also am pretty familiar with Microsoft office and different online websites likes canvas etc. However, aside from the basic technology forms I do not have any advanced experience. 

    We learned on Tuesday that PLNs or "personal learning networks" are anything that can be relied upon to meet learning and especially technological needs. This includes experts, colleagues, or resources (both online and offline). Some examples that first come to mind are the Strozier library on campus and then also places like Thagard or the Career Center! All of these are great PLNs, as they not only have the resources and tools to help you in learning, but also staff and experts who can help you. Another PLN that I love to use is quizlet and canvas! Both of these are great online PLNs that help support my learning needs! They allow me to keep up on my assignments, study for homework or exams, and organize all of my information that I am learning in the classroom! 

    This summarizes Journal entry #1, but I am so excited to be in this course and to continue learning more about educational technology! :) 


Comments

  1. Hi Olivia! I also agree that the Strozier Library is a great PNL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Olivia! I've been on the hunt for movies and TV shows. Let me know what you'd recommend! We could always have a movie marathon lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 4

Blog Journal 3