Blog Journal 10

    This week in the lecture we were asked to create an interactive PowerPoint. We could be as creative as we would like, it could be an information resource, activity, choose your own adventure story, etc., it just had to include the new interaction tools we learned. I thought it was an extremely fun and creative assignment. My favorite aspect and new skill I learned was playing around with the action shapes and noise buttons. I always wondered how teachers add fun games into their PowerPoint or noises to go along with the buttons you click, the answers you choose, etc., and so this was really interesting and fun for me to learn about! Below I included a picture of this assignment! 




    We also begun to learn and understand what data collection tools are and their significance of. Data collection tools are things such as qualities for a survey or an experiment. For myself, in the future as a teacher or just in general in another career, I could see myself utilizing surveys most often. I think surveys are an easy, and great way to collect data. I could see myself doing online, qualitative surveys, or even paper surveys if I were working in a classroom or with younger students. For example, in the last few projects I've been focusing on first-grade reading, because most of them are 6-7 years old I would probably have them fill out a paper survey, but I could introduce an easy-only surgery as well as an introduction to educational technology. 

    Lastly, I would like to learn more about Google Docs and the tools you can find on platforms such as Google Docs, word, Microsoft Word, etc. I feel I would utilize learning more skills in a word platform not only as a teacher but especially in everyday life. As a student, I have tried to achieve this goal by watching YouTube videos or looking up tutorials on quick-access tools for platforms such as Google Docs or Word however, usually, I end up confused or forget how to access the tool again. If given the opportunity to get more practice and learn new skills on these platforms, it would be great not only now and as a student, but in the future as a teacher or a new career. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal #1

Blog Journal 4

Blog Journal 3