Blog Journal 5

     This week in lecture we discussed the role of technology, more specifically the relationship technology places between students and teachers. In thinking about how I have used technology in my own life and in helping me with my future goals and career, I definitely think using platforms such as Twitter X and Instagram has helped me significantly! While I have not explored many of the twitter pages related to nursing/public health, I do know it will be a great resource for me as I am looking for a future career. Not only can you often see job listings or "now hiring" announcements on these social media websites, but it will also allow me to find volunteer or internship opportunities, and connect with other nurses or people my age who are also in a similar position!

    And while technology has been a great resource for me and many others, there is also this topic of discussion known as the "digital divide." The digital divide is this idea that students who have computers and/or internet access at home are believed to have greater advantages and become more successful compared to students who don't. There are alot of factors that go into this such as the impact that society has on technology, access to technology, if the students teachers/parents are showing them how to use technology, the price of having technology (financial) etc. As a future educator though it is important we recognize these types of divides and issues that very well are likely to happen in our future classroom. It is important that we still strive to have a technology based environment and teach students those skills, while still be respectful and understanding of the fact that not every student may come from a home that uses technology, or may not have the money for a cellphone or laptop, or simply may just not be very skilled in using technology. 

    Lastly, we begun to take what we have learned this week in lecture and apply it to our own website evaluation! We were asked to pick two resources or sources that we would like to implement in our classroom! My two sources came from the CPALMS website, and the two sources were lesson plans intended for educators, by the CTE Career Skills Resources. The first is titled "My Strengths" and it asked of students to create a poster of a drawing of themselves and discuss/identify there own strengths they seem in themselves! The second sources is intended for educators as well, but is integrated with Social Studies and Civic Teacher Resources, this sources was titled "Making Group Decision" and the purpose is for students to recognize that individuals work and have jobs in order to buy things; they do this through discussions on topics like responsible decisions, voting, and taking turns. I feel both are great resources however, I feel the "My Strengths" lesson plan is significantly more appropriate and better for kindergarteners learning about health education.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal #1

Blog Journal 4

Blog Journal 3